Why Race for a Cure?
- Team driver, Miguel Barbery, and co-driver, Robert Ward have put this rally team together in partnership with FRAXA to support Fragile X education and treatment as well as raise funds and awareness to search for a cure and to support those suffering from Fragile X.
- Fragile X is the most common inherited cause of intellectual disabilities and the most common known cause of autism. Many scientists now believe that Fragile X is the best model for solving the mystery of autism. Fragile X is caused by just one gene. This gene, FMR1, shuts down and fails to produce a vital protein. One in 4000 males and one in six-8000 females worldwide have Fragile X. Testing for Fragile X is done by a simple and reliable DNA blood test. There are many medications and therapies that can help people who have Fragile X, but no cure yet. FRAXA is working to change this www.fraxa.org
What is Rally Racing?
Rally races are two to four day events that pit car and driver against the toughest and most varied driving conditions in the world. Cars are modified street legal vehicles driven on streets and off road and race conditions vary from snow, gravel, asphalt, mud/dirt and contain obstacles such as rocks, ditches, jumps, trees, and cliffs. Races are composed of several classes of participants from production two wheel drive vehicles to 300+ horsepower all wheel drive open classes. Competitors vie for the best time overall on each course and, while beginning the race in staggered time intervals, are simultaneously racing the same course.
Rally America is the premier Rally organization in the United States.
For more about Rally America visit: www.rally-america.com.
Inside the Rally America National Championship
- Event duration: each of the 6 National Championship events last 2 to 3 days
- 45-70 Rally teams enter each National event
- 200+ Volunteers support each event
- 3,000-6,000 Fans in attendance at each event
Most events are free to the public
- Multiple spectator locations along the route
- Fans have easy access to the rally cars, drivers, sponsors & teams
What is the MaxAttack 2WD Racing Series?
- The goal of the MaxAttack! Rally Series is to fulfill the mission of the Rally Sports Group of America (RSGA) by raising the level and awareness of meaningful two-wheel-drive competition in North America.
- The term MaxAttack! comes from the expression Maximum Attack. Its roots are in the lexicon of the World Rally Championship drivers from the 1980s.
- Often times a driver had to make up time on another driver or defend a lead which would require driving at 100% of a driver’s ability, hurtling their cars as fast as they possibly could over the rocks, jumps, and through hairpin corners as they were cheered on by throngs of wild rally fans on the sides of the roads.
- In this case when asked by the press how they would be proceeding the next day, the answer, which foretold of maximum speed, flirting with risk, and an absolutely fearless attitude for the next day, was simply Maximum Attack.
For More about the MaxAttack! 2WD Rally Series visit: http://www.max-attack.com/